Saturday, July 10, 2010

VCA Coast Animal Hospital


I am often asked for veterinarian referrals and I figured it was a LONG overdue posting topic...

Back in 2006 (when I started Walk the Dog), I was working part time at the front desk of the VCA Coast Animal Hospital. It was such a great experience for me. I learned so many valuable medical tidbits about vaccinations and countless other lovely bits that come along with being an animal caregiver (like how to avoid parasites: don't let your dog drink from puddles on the ground)...

This is where I met Dr. Jennifer Kitchen. She is just an amazing person and veterinarian. She cares so much for animals and their well being. She's honest and takes the time to explain those crazy medical terms. I highly recommend her! (p.s. they have a new client promo where your first doctors exam is free.)

Dr. Kitchen recently sent me an email about a dangerous cocoa mulch that is sold at Target... Let me know if you'd like the details and I"ll forward her email to you. I know some of you have pets that will eat anything (see photo above, Maggie ate a hole in the stairs back in 2008- no joke), so this might be helpful info!